October: Bose® Personalized Amplification System™ family of products
- 2003/11/15 Bose® Personalized Amplification System™ family of products announced
- See the video presentation Clifford Henricksen Introduces the L1®
October: Message Board Opens
- 2003/11/11 Message Board opens (first post below is dated October 11, but probably did not go live until the 15th)
- Welcome everyone, to the public forums for the Bose(r) Personalized Amplification System(tm) family of products . Within these forums you will find many places to learn about the Personalized Amplification System from many perspectives. We invite you to explore and to post your questions, comments, concerns and the like about our new approach to amplified performances, but before you do, lets cover a few things.
- At Bose Corporation our core values include respect and integrity and we, the moderators of the forums, are going to do our best to uphold these values with all of our visitors. We want to hear from you, we want you to share your experiences and we want everyone to be respectful. Therefore, if your post is deemed to be disparaging to others, we will not allow it. Please, be honest and be sensitive to the impact of your words; share your experiences and ask any questions you may have and do it in a way that helps the forum grow in quality and validity. The goal here is a healthy, productive community where we can all learn.
- On behalf of my colleagues (and me), welcome to the Personalized Amplification System family of forums,
November: B1 Slip Covers Announced
- 2003/11/22 Ken-at-Bose:
- Well, it's official. We've started work on a gig bag for the B1, based on your valuable feedback.
This will take us at least eight weeks to design, test, build, and stock, so please be patient. When we're finished, we'll make another announcement so that all current owners can request one for each B1 they've purchased: this will be sent at no charge. The B1 bag will be integrated into the B1 carton thereafter. These started shipping 2005/04/18
December: Presets 1.0 Explained
- 2003/12/03 Presets 1.0 (exposed - post by Cliff-at-Bose)
December: Sudden Volume Spikes Observed
- 2003/12/20 Discussion about Volume Spikes. Bose Engineers investigate.
February: Sudden Volume Spikes Diagnosed
- 2004/02/26 Kyle-at-Bose
- Without getting into boring technical details, the volume spike thing seems to be a resetting of the remote control to which the knobs go to 12 o'clock for a brief moment. So if you either don't use the remote OR keep the remote knobs at 12 o'clock you should never hear a volume spike.
March: Sudden Volume Spikes Resolution
- 2004/03/13 Hilmar-at-Bose
- We are happy to announce that we have identified the root cause of the “volume spike” problem for some of the Personalized Amplification System™ PS1 power stands. A few owners and regular forum contributors have been extraordinarily helpful in helping us track down this unusual bug, and we send out a huge thanks to them. This is a level of cooperation that is rarely found in any industry.
- The problem is resolved by using a new remote control that we will provide to all affected customers free of charge.
Solution: R1 Remote Version 2
April: B1 Slip Covers ship
- 2005/04/18 - Kyle-at-Bose
- B1 Carry Bag Update
- It was here on this message board that we found out that you, our customers, would really like a carry bag or some sort of protection for the B1 Bass Module product. In November 2003 we began work on a design. It has taken up to NOW to get new product included with B1 cass module carry bags. As seen in a rendering earlier in this thread, they are really a nice "slip cover" to go over your B1 Bass Module. It's constructed so the same beefy handle can be used to carry the product, now just under a cover.
June: Bose and Line6 White Paper
- 2004/06/09 Line6 collaboration with Bose® Read the white paper: Amplifying a Wide Range of Acoustic and Electric Guitar Sounds Across the Stage and Throughout the Audience with Little Change in Tone or Level - Marcus Ryle & Kenneth Jacob
June: Music is Human comes to Canada
- 2004/06/14 Music is Human and THE Linemen perform in Vancouver BC.
- 2004/06/15 ST gets his first L1® Classic
- 2004/06/22 ST gets his second L1® Classic
July: Deluxe Logo Bags
- 2004/07/30 Steve-at-Bose announces the Deluxe Logo Bags
These were subsequently replaced by the Heavy Duty Bags that were in a dark grey and black with heavier construction and a relaxed fit.
September: Bose White Paper
- 2004/09/01 Read the white paper authored by Kenneth Jacob: Applying the Benefits of Unamplified Acoustic Music to Performances with Amplification (pdf file: 2.59 MB)
This is a wonderful document that will be of interest to all musicians, music lovers and anyone interested in the L1® . It speaks to the intent, technology and the application of the Bose® Personalized Amplification System™ family of products.
October: One Year Anniversary Celebration
- 2004/10/15 Steve-at-Bose announcement
- We are pleased to report that an unexpectedly large number of musicians have adopted the entirely new approach to amplification we introduced one year ago.
- Moreover, many of these owners have gone to great lengths to explain the benefits of the Personalized Amplification System™ approach to other musicians. We believe you need spend only a few minutes reading their unedited remarks at www.bose.com/musicians to reach the same conclusion.
- As a result of their ongoing effort, we have decided to say thank you to this extraordinary community of musicians with a special one-time gift.
- Anyone who is currently an owner, or anyone who purchases a Cylindrical Radiator™ loudspeaker by December 31, 2004, is entitled to receive a pair of Bose® TriPort® headphones.
- These acclaimed headphones, which retail for $149, deliver exceptional sound quality to your personal listening experience. Their ability to faithfully reproduce even the most demanding music makes them perfect for both careful monitoring and casual listening.
- With thanks and appreciation,
- The Bose® Live Music Technology Group
October: Illustrations of Band Setups
- 2004/10/22 Bose creates a separate forum for hand drawn sketches of band stage setups. Many of these early sketches were later used on the main Bose/Musicians web site. The experience gained here, communicating with Musicians about how they set their stages eventually led to The Sketcher online stage design tool.
December: Presets 2.0 Released
2004/12/07 Presets 2.0 Released for download on the web.
December: Con Pane Year End Concert at Bose
- 2004/12/20 Special Year End Concert at Bose — Con Pane
- We are very pleased to announce a special year end concert at Bose headquarters Monday, December 20, at 6:00 PM.
- The concert will be produced by Ken Jacob, Director & Chief Engineer of the Bose Live Music Technology Group, to celebrate the marvelous accomplishments of this past year.
- The concert will feature TONY SARNO & THE LINEMEN, who will host a number of special guest artists, including (in alphabetical order):
- The acclaimed Mitch Chakour (Joe Cocker, Mohehan Sun All Stars, etc.)
- Producer and multi-instrumentalist Lorne Entress
- Berklee Professor and singer song writer extraordinaire Thaddeus Hogarth
- Appleseed recording artist Kate McDonnell
- The concert will be under the musical direction of Clifford Goodwin (Joe Cocker, Mohegan Sun All Stars, The Linemen).
March: Blogging the L1®
- ST Blog Here are some of the articles that were very popular
June: The Sketcher Online Stage Layout Tool
- 2005/06/01 The Sketcher version 1.0 released.
- 2005/07/17 The Sketcher version 2.0 released.
August: Unofficial Users Guide
October: PackLite Amplifier
- 2005/10/18 PackLite® power amplifier announced. This three pound class D amplifier connects seamlessly to an L1® Power Stand Bass Line out and powers up to two B1s.
November: Mobile Disc Jockey Community Event at Bose
- 2005/11/30 Kenneth Jacob and Cap Capello host an event for DJs at the Bose Head Office in Framingham MA.
Read the invitation
December: Unofficial Performers Guide
January: The Power of Ten
2006/01/15 This compelling advertising piece goes live celebrating
- 10 years of research
- 10,000 satisfied musicians
- 100,000 delighted audiences
January - April: The Big Sur Bose Bash
- 2006/01/12 First L1® Owners conference planning begins. Bose-o's West get-together (Big Sur) - Alan Steinberger starts the ball rolling. Just over 90 days later we are having our first L1® Owners conference.
- 2006/04/24 Big Sur Bose Bash 2006 Spring Big Sur L1™ Musicians Conference
March: L1® Wiki Development Begins
- 2006/03/15 Investigation of several web portal and wiki systems begins. Three different prototypes are built and evaluated before the live launch in October 2006.
- 2006/04/27 Bose® Personalized Amplification System™ family of products is now L1® announced at Big Sur
- 2006/06/16 Announcement on the Message Board
July: Taylor ToneMatch® Preset
- 2006/07/27 Taylor ToneMatch® Presets announced
- 2006/07/26 Presets are now ToneMatch® Presets (and occasionally ToneMatch® Preset Filters)
October: Fall Conference Ashland MA
2006/10/29 Bose L1™ Musicians Conference Fall 2006
2006/10/29 Bose L1® Wiki Announced at Fall Conference 2006
November: Live Music Pioneers
2006/11/01 Live Music Pioneers honoured Live Music Pioneer
- Recently we honored six individuals who have been extraordinarily generous in helping other musicians understand our new approach to live music amplification. ... — Ken-at-Bose
March: Model I, Model II, T1
- 2007/03/31 L1® Model I, L1® Model II, T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine announced at Musikmesse, Frankfurt Germany
April: Sketcher Version 3.0
- 2007/04/01 Sketcher version 3.0 revamped to work with Model I, Model II and T1®
- 2007/07/01 Sketcher version 4.0 released. This is a significant rewrite of application allowing for hundreds of objects on the screen. This was necessitated by the need to be able to document all the connections possible with the T1® when used with a L1® Classic or L1® Model I
June: Playing Better with the L1®
- 200706/01 Cliff Goodwin video recorded live at Fall Conference October 2006. Ken-at-Bose links to this presentation from his signature line. "30 minutes that could change your life as a musician"
July: Midwest Owners Conference
2007/07/14 Midwest L1 Enthusiasts 2007 L1® Owners Conference St Louis MO
August: Firmware Update T1® Version 1.3 Downloads
- 2007/08/10 Firmware Update T1® Version 1.3. Bugfixes and enhancements.
This has been superceded. Always use the latest firmware. Download the latest firmware
September: Rocky Mountain Conference
- 2007/09/30 2007 Fall Rocky Mountain Conference L1® Owners Conference Cuchara CO
- Topics include
October: T1® Outage Issues (Blue Screen)
- 2007/10/03 T1® Outage Issues Progress report
January: Larry Lambert & Rick Jordan at the Bose Auditorium
Bose Corporation is pleased to host two outstanding musical artists from the Appalachian South as part of their Cornucopia concert series in the Corporate Center auditorium.
If you enjoy beautiful songs beautifully rendered by voice and guitar, you are in for an exceptional evening of music by two seasoned professionals playing individually and together.
Hailing from Lexington Kentucky, Larry Lambert has been a singer most all of his life, performing solo for the first time at the age of four. Church and school were the training grounds and Larry sang at every opportunity in these venues.
Larry is a ballad singer. His repertoire includes many songs, old and new, from many different genres and writers, most all with a down home common sense message or story that can be told time and time again.
He’s shared the same stage with Don McLean, The Dirt Band, John Prine, Jerry Jeff Walker, Bobby Bare and others. These and other artists such as Ricky Nelson, Dean Martin, Kristofferson, Dylan, Lightfoot, Billy Joe Shaver, JJ Cale, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Hank Jr. and Sr. have all influenced his singing style and song selection, but still, everything comes out distinctly Larry in a style that crosses the boundaries of gospel, country, folk, bluegrass, blues and old time rock and roll.
Rick Jordan is minister of music at Thomasville Georgia’s First Baptist Church. In addition to his church work, Rick performs as an entertainer throughout the country and internationally.
Rick’s repertoire includes country and folk songs, 50’s music, showtunes, hymns and original compositions.
We plan to have other Bose message board luminaries perform in future concerts.
February: T1® Blue screen Issues Resolved (T1® Firmware 1.6)
2008/02/27 T1® firmware version 1.6 released. Addresses
- Blue screen outages
- Windows Vista and Mac interoperability for the T1®.
March: L1® Wiki and Sketcher — New Server
2008/03/01 This Wiki and The Sketcher are ported to a large internet service provider allowing for higher bandwidth and reliability. This change is like moving a boutique shop into a mega mall. You get better ingress, egress, support services, storage. You have to conform to the larger environment.
April: Bose L1® in Mexico
- 2008/04/07 - 2008/04/09
We flew down early Monday morning April 7. We played a pre-show that night. The next two nights we did presentations to the Central American folks. We came back on the 10th
May: South Atlantic States Conference
- 2008/05/04 South Atlantic States L1® Conference 2008 L1® Owners Conference Little Switzerland, NC
June: Firmware Update T1® Version 1.7 Ships
- 2008/06/01 T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine Firmware Updates version 1.7 non critical update. T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engines start shipping with this update installed.
September: Firmware Update T1® Version 1.7 Downloads
- 2008/09/04 Share the Wealth Contest 2008 - L1® owners contribute to the wiki to become eligible to win prizes. This is the lead-in to the L1® 5 year anniversary celebration, and 2 years live for the wiki.
October: 5th Anniversary of L1® Launch
- 2008/10/15 5th Anniversary of L1® Forum with new insights into the history of the development of the L1®
- 2008/10/15 Share the Wealth Contest 2008 concludes. Closing date coincided with the anniversary celebration.
January: Gibson ToneMatch® Presets
- 2009/01/02 L1® Research Project History Ken-at-Bose compiles this history of the L1® Research Project.
January: Gibson ToneMatch® Presets
- 2009/01/17 Gibson ToneMatch® Presets
April: L1® Compact
- 2009/04/01 L1® Compact
April: T1® Firmware Update 1.4
- 2009/04/24 T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine Firmware Updates version 1.8
September: L1® Model 1S
- 2012/09/27 L1® Model 1S
September: B2 Bass Module
- 2012/09/27 B2 Bass Module
September: Model II Power Stand Firmware Update 1.4
- 2012/09/27 L1® Model II Power Stand Firmware Updates version 1.4 and System EQ 1.04
Update to allow operation with B2 Bass Module
October: L1® Updater Software for Mac OSX 10.8
- 2012/10/08 L1® Updater Software for T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine update for Mac OSX 10.8