Preamps Classic & Model I
- The onboard mic preamps are pretty spectacular and the presets make commonly-available microphones sound very natural over our system. This is way better than just using your mixer for everything.
- We also made sure the system had great mic preamps. These are analog and are so good that some studio experts are using them for recording, even independent of the system.
- The mic pre's are really good ones, recording quality. Compare them to anything. You'll be amazed how they stack up to tweakier high-dollar units. We worked real hard on this and we're happy we did.
- The mic pre's, by the way, are the darlings of many studio engineers and we're really proud of them: lots of headroom, sweet-sounding, quiet.
- I spoke to our electronics wiz, Dan Pearce, about this. (Dan designed the beautiful mic pre in our system).
- MikeZ-at-Bose confirms they are the same preamps). Discussion Board