Difference between revisions of "Larrivee & Morgan ToneMatch Settings"
Revision as of 18:11, 26 March 2017
Cliff Henricksen suggested that I try these settings for my Larrivée C10 BZ 30th Anniversary and Morgan Guitars.
- ToneMatch® Preset
- Category: Acoustic Guitars - Bypass or
- Preset: Flat, A. Guitar zEQ
- Para EQ
- Level -10 dB
- Freq 500 Hz
- Width 2.0 oct
It sounds so very simple - but the Guitars both sound absolutely stunning!
As a matter of interest, the Larrivée has an iMix no-cut system and the Morgan has a passive Fishman.
It should be no surprise that these settings work so well for both of these instruments. They are very similar. The body shape and size are the standard Larrivée "L" body.
They do sound different when I compare one to the other, but they both benefit from settings - retaining their individual character and sounding far more like their unamplified voices.
Prior to using the settings Cliff recommended I did this.
Morgan with passive Fishman under saddle piezo pickup that sounds stunning with the
- Classic Taylor ToneMatch® preset #90 (Dreadnought Finger-Style).
- For a lighter sound I use the T1 ToneMatch Audio Engine
- Category: Taylor Guitars / Preset: G Audit Finger or
- Category: Taylor Guitars / Preset: G Concert Finger