Template:S1 Pro Combo Inputs
- S1 Pro Channels 1 and 2 have combo inputs that accept
- XLR (balanced mono)
- Microphone or Line-Level inputs
- 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) Tip-Ring-Sleeve connection (balanced mono)
- Line-Level inputs
- 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) Tip-Sleeve connection (unbalanced mono)
- Line-Level inputs and instruments (e.g. guitars, keyboards, guitar processors, loopers)
- When using a mixer should I use the XLR or 1/4 inch inputs?
When the S1 Pro Channel input lights hit red or you hear distortion, the signal is clipping and you've reached the maximum usable volume. With a mixer, if the XLR outputs are line-level and the 1/4 inch Tip-Ring-Sleeve outputs are line-level, it won't matter which type of cable you use. They'll both get the job done, although the volume control setting will be lower with the XLR connection. That doesn't indicate more headroom. The maximum usable volume is the same either way.