L1 Pro32 Separating the Sections of the Mid-High Array
- How do I separate the upper and lower sections of the L1 Pro32 mid-high array?
If you are having trouble separating the sections:
- Wear rubberized work gloves so you can get a good grip on the sections.
- Firmly grasp the sections about 12" above and 3" below the break.
- Hold the bottom section steady and gently rock the top section front to back about 1/4 inch. Don't rock side to side.
- While rocking, gently ease the top section away from the bottom.
- DO NOT use WD-40 on Bose components
- "Very light usage of a silicone lubricant would be acceptable." 
- Here is some advice Bose offered for the L1 Compact
All, For those folks that are experiencing this issue we can confirm that using a “dry lubricant with Teflon” would be an acceptable solution. This can be sprayed onto a cloth and wiped onto the inside of the extension & array tracks and the inside of the lower extension electrical housing.
Note: Please do not spray directly near the electrical connections:
There are many manufactures that offer similar products, one in particular that we have used in the past with success is the TRI−FLOW* Superior Dry Lubricant with Teflon* produced by Sherwin-Williams, please note that we do not endorse any one product in particular – we are merely trying to provide you with a point of reference.
I hope this information is helpful.
Thank you, Neil