- 1 L1 Pro Family
- 1.1 Documentation
- 1.2 Resources
- 1.3 Articles
- 1.4 Comparing Specifications
- 1.5 Quick Tips
- 2 Sub1/Sub2
- 3 L1 Mix App
- 4 ToneMatch Mixers
- 5 Other Bose Portable PA Products
The L1 Pro models share a common user interface and the L1 Mix app. This page has links to resources for all three models and the Bose products that integrate with them.
L1 Pro Family Selection Guide (product comparison)
L1 Pro Technical Certification Course (no charge, but you must register)
L1 Pro and SimpleSync Connect L1 Pro to Bose Smart Speaker Group
Comparing L1 Pro Models
Legacy to L1 Pro Models
L1 Pro Line Out
The XLR Line Output from any L1 Pro contains the sound from all inputs (1, 2, 3, Bluetooth, and ToneMatch Port). That includes
- ToneMatch Presets
- Tone Controls
- The signal from a ToneMatch mixer connected to the ToneMatch port including ToneMatch Presets, zEQ, Reverb, Effects.
The sound is NOT affected by the L1 Pro System EQ setting.
L1 Pro Daisy Chain
Want to connect one or more L1 Pro systems together? See L1 Pro Daisy Chain
L1 Pro System EQ
The System EQ feature on the L1 Pro systems applies an EQ preset to the master output. This is similar to a graphic equalizer on traditional analogue mixers, but it uses four presets instead for quick access. read more — L1 Pro System EQ
L1 Pro32 Half Stack
- Can I operate the L1 Pro32 with only the lower section of the line array?
- Sometimes there is not sufficient height to use the full array
- The L1 Pro32 can be used without the upper array. This configuration is useful when a venue ceiling cannot accommodate the height of the L1 Pro32
Source: Page 7 of the L1 Pro32 Owners Guide
- For best results, ensure array is at ear level for listeners
- Unlike the L1 Model II, the L1 Pro32 automatically adjusts the level of the bass output to maintain the appropriate spectral balance.
- It’s a valid use case to use only the bottom array section. In fact, the EQ automatically adjusts to compensate.
Craig Small - Bose
- Half Stack Not Recommended for Small Gigs
Running only the lower section of the Line Array is a workaround when there isn't enough ceiling clearance to use both sections. For small gigs, turn down the volume on the L1 Pro32, don't run without the top section of the array because
- You'll need to elevate the system so the array is at ear level for the audience. Otherwise, the sound will be muffled
- You will reduce your projection over distance. The sound will drop off more over distance.
- You may need to turn up the volume louder than if you were using the full array. As a result, you increase the likelihood of feedback.
L1 Mix App
It's L1 Pro control in your pocket. With the L1 Mix app, you can access intuitive, wireless control of your Bose L1 Pro portable PA system.
Read more and get the app here: L1 Mix App
Engineered with a powerful DSP engine and intuitive user control, the T4S/T8S ToneMatch mixers offer studio-quality EQ, dynamics and effects. Sound great with integrated BoseToneMatch processing and zEQ, especially when connected to a Bose L1 or F1 system for full end-to-end tonal control.