Downloads for your Bose Portable PA system
Firmware and Software
Here are some notes for people new to these ideas. When talking about Bose products:
This is software in the physical device (e.g. S1 Pro, ToneMatch Mixer, L1® Power Stand).
For the S1 Pro system firmware updates can be downloaded and installed using a Windows or macOS computer from the Bose Updater
For ToneMatch Mixers and L1® products firmware updates can be downloaded and installed using a Windows or macOS computer from this Downloads site.
For the S1 Pro system this is software that runs on an IOS or Android device (e.g. phone or tablet) - The Bose Connect App
Download and install Bose Connect App
- Unlock the full potential of your product.
- Free app compatible with most Apple and Android™ systems
- Easily connect your S1 Pro with your mobile device
- Keep your S1 Pro up-to-date with the latest software
- Use two S1 Pros in party mode or stereo
ToneMatch Updater Software for T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine and T4S/T8S
- If you are here to update the firmware for your T4S or T8S please follow this link ⇒ T4S T8S Firmware Update Instructions
ToneMatch® Updater Software application. (two versions available)
If you have questions please see ToneMatch Updater discussion.
[Filename] can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed
If you see "[Filename] can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed" message displayed
Mac OSX users may see this message when trying to install a Bose app. If this message appears, try the following:
Mac users may need to hold the Control key (Ctrl) when opening the file.
Various versions of the Mac OS cannot identify Bose as a developer. The Mountain Lion version of OS X (10.8) includes a feature called Gatekeeper to protect users from installing applications of non-Apple identified developers. The Mavericks version of OS X (10.9.5) temporarily cannot identify Bose as a developer as well.
To open the application, follow these steps:
In the menu that appears, select Open at the top of the list
A confirmation window will appear. Select Open
Without Control click:
With Control click:
More information on Gatekeeper can be found at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290
S1 Pro System
Please ensure that your S1 Pro System is fully charged and connected to AC power when you do the firmware update.
Bose Updater PC/MAC
S1 Pro System updates can be obtained by using your PC or MAC computer. Navigate to the Bose Updater. The update requires a USB cable.
If you purchased your S1 Pro System prior to May 10, 2018 (North America/Europe) or July 2, 2018 (other regions), you must update your firmware using the Bose Updater. Then you can connect to the Bose Connect App.
- On your computer, open a web browser and go to btu.bose.com. Keep your web browser open throughout this process
- Click "Download" to download the updater
- If the web browser gives download options, choose "Run." Otherwise, once the file is downloaded, open it and install the updater
- Connect a USB cable from the computer to the SERVICE jack on your product
- Click "Apply Changes." (Note: If no update is available, the updater shows your product is up to date)
- Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect your product from the computer
Bose Connect App
The Bose Connect App adds enhancements to streaming Bluetooth to the S1 Pro Channel 3.
S1 Pro Firmware History
|7.1.8||April 13, 2020||
|7.1.7||March 12, 2020||
|7.1.5||January 6, 2020||
|7.1.1||2019||Minor updates for compatibility with the Bose Connect App Version 9.x|
|7.1.0||June 3, 2018||
New features of v7.0.10 and Bose Connect App Version 6.1.0
|6.x.x||January 2018||Factory installed|
If you have difficulty updating your firmware, please contact Bose Support.
T4S/T8S Firmware Updates
T1® Firmware Updates
- Firmware Updates - Strongly recommended.
- ToneMatch® Presets - ToneMatch® Partner Presets - Optional
- T1® / Downloads / Factory Settings - Use these if you accidentally overwrite the Presets when trying to load a bank (A, B, C) with the Optional Presets above.
L1® Model II Power Stand
- Firmware Updates - Strongly recommended. You need a T1 ToneMatch Audio Engine or ToneMatch Mixer to apply these.
L1® Model I and Classic
- Version 3.0 Presets Read instructions carefully.
- Version 2.0 Presets and Firmware Updates (bundled into one download)
- F1 Model 812 FAQ
- F1 Subwoofer FAQ
- L1® System FAQ
- L1® Compact FAQ
- L1® Model I FAQ
- L1® Model 1S FAQ
- L1® Model II FAQ
- T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine FAQ
- L1® PackLite® A1 Amplifier FAQ
- Warranty Information
- L1® Family Quick Product Comparison Guide
- L1® Family Product Comparison Guide and Application Guide
A1 PackLite® Power Amplifier
B1 Bass Module
- L1® Compact FAQ (pdf format)
- L1® Compact Technical Data
- L1® Compact Features Functions and Benefits (pdf format)
- L1® Compact Interactive Tour
F1 Flexible Array Loudspeaker
- L1® Model I System Owner's Guide
- L1® Model I System Quick Set-up Guide
- L1® Model I Technical Data
- L1® Model I FAQs (Bose® official version)
- L1® Model II System Owner's Guide
- L1® Model II System Quick Set-up Guide
- L1® Model II Technical Data
- L1® Model II FAQs (Bose® official version)
T1 ToneMatch Audio Engine Documentation
- T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine Owner's Guide (62 pages)
- T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine Quick Setup Guide (2 pages)
- L1® T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine / FAQ (Bose® official version)
T1 ToneMatch Audio Engine Owners Guide in different languages.
These are the same documents that are delivered on a DVD with the T1 ToneMatch Audio Engine
T4S ToneMatch mixer Documentation
Detailed Technical Specifications.
These documents include watts and SPL (sound pressure level) specifications.
For details about using the Bass Line Out, including crossover points and frequency response with the L1® Classic / Model I / Model II see: