S1 Pro System with B1 Bass Module
(Redirected from S1 to B1)
- The B1 bass module is only compatible with the full-size L1 Legacy systems (L1 Classic, L1 Model 1S, L1 Model II). The B1 bass module is powered by a dedicated amplifier that is built into the power stand of those L1 systems.
- The S1 Pro system is engineered to deliver great balanced sound without a separate bass module. It doesn't have an extra amplifier built-in for a B1.
- As a matter of interest, the B1 bass module has two 5.25 inch drivers. The S1 Pro has one 6 inch driver.
- The S1 Pro System Line Out is full range. Using this to provide a full range signal the PackLite® power amplifier model A1 to power the B1 Bass Module. That's not optimal because you will have a frequency overlap between the S1 Pro System and B1 Bass Module. The B1 Bass Module was not designed to operate as a full-range loudspeaker.
- You would need a crossover network with a low-pass filter to send only frequencies below approximately 100 Hz to the B1 Bass Module but you might still need further processing with a parametric equalizer to make this combination work well together.
- If you need more bass than the S1 Pro system provides on its own, Bose recommends you use add a Bose Sub1 or Sub2 or get one of the larger L1 Pro systems.