Compact Bass Expansion
- The B1 bass module is only compatible with the full-size L1 systems (L1 Classic, L1 Model 1S, L1 Model II). The B1 bass module is powered by a dedicated amplifier that is built into the power stand of those L1 systems.
- The S1 Pro system is engineered to deliver great balanced sound without a separate bass module. It doesn't have an extra amplifier built-in for a B1.
- As a matter of interest, the B1 bass module has two 5.25 inch drivers. The L1 Compact has one 8 inch driver.
- The L1 Compact Line Out is full range. Using this to provide a full range signal the PackLite® power amplifier model A1 to power the B1 Bass Module. That's not optimal because you will have frequency overlap between the L1 Compact and B1 Bass Module. The B1 Bass Module was not designed to operate as a full-range loudspeaker.
- You would need a crossover network with a low-pass filter to send only frequencies below approximately 100 Hz to the B1 Bass Module but you might still need further processing with a parametric equalizer to make this combination work well together.
- If you need more bass than the L1 Compact provides on its own, Bose recommends you use one of the larger L1 systems.
Check out these discussions in the community.