Computer Sounds Troubleshooting
- Does the hum persist if running without A/C adapter?
Chirping Cricket Sounds
If you are hearing repeating, period, high-pitched sounds you may be experiencing interference from some process in the computer that is "polling" devices in your computer. Here are a couple of things you can try.
Disable Unnecessary Audio Outputs
- All Programs
- Volume Control (shortcut to this step, Start | Run | sndvol32.exe)
- Adjust Properties for Playback
in the box "Show the following volume controls"
- Check all the devices
- Click OK
- Mute all the devices except "Mute all"
If the chirping cricket sound goes away, uncheck the mute until you identify which one is causing the trouble. If it is *not* the Wave device, you can are probably okay to leave things muted - as you probably don't need the others for music playback.
Disable Infrared Device (if not used)
- Control Panel
- Performance and Maintenance
- Device Manager
- Infrared devices
- right click
- Click Red X (top right of window) to close it
- click OK
Static / Popping Sounds
When using USB connection to T1 ToneMatch Audio Engine.
Try disabling your wireless connection.