L1 Model II Analog Input Gain Staging
L1 Model II Analog Input
The Analog input is a 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) Tip-Ring-Sleeve balanced input jack.
Analog input trim (volume, or gain) control
Setting the trim level on the Model II Power Stand is a one-time step. Once you have matched the output of the ToneMatch mixer to the input of the L1 you don't need to adjust it again.
- Set the Trim control on the power stand to the 0 (zero) position.
- Connect the source device Main Output to the L1 Model II Analog Input
- Adjust the volume of the source device Main Output to the reference or nominal output level.
- While playing the source, increase the L1 Model II Trim level so that the Signal/Clip indicator glows green or yellow. This will probably be around 9:00-11:00 o'clock
- If the Signal/Clip indicator glows red, decrease the Trim level so that it glows only green or yellow.