L1 Pro32 Half Stack
- Can I operate the L1 Pro32 with only the lower section of the line array?
- Sometimes there is not sufficient height to use the full array
- The L1 Pro32 can be used without the upper array. This configuration is useful when a venue ceiling cannot accommodate the height of the L1 Pro32
Source: Page 7 of the L1 Pro32 Owners Guide
- For best results, ensure array is at ear level for listeners
- Unlike the L1 Model II, the L1 Pro32 automatically adjusts the level of the bass output to maintain the appropriate spectral balance.
- It’s a valid use case to use only the bottom array section. In fact, the EQ automatically adjusts to compensate.
Craig Small - Bose
- Half Stack Not Recommended for Small Gigs
Running only the lower section of the Line Array is a workaround when there isn't enough ceiling clearance to use both sections. For small gigs, turn down the volume on the L1 Pro32, don't run without the top section of the array because
- You'll need to elevate the system so the array is at ear level for the audience. Otherwise, the sound will be muffled
- You will reduce your projection over distance. The sound will drop off more over distance.
- You may need to turn up the volume louder than if you were using the full array. As a result, you increase the likelihood of feedback.