Les Paul Ultima
The Ultima marries the craftsmanship of the Custom Division with the structural features of the Les Paul. A highly figured maple top and abalone binding are but two of the many features of this incredible instrument.
The selection of hand inlaid fingerboards are among the most beautiful created by Gibson, including the Tree of Life, the Harp, and Flames. Set off by the original Heritage Cherry Sunburst finish, this line of guitars is the Ultimate.
This is the original series from 1996.
- Top wood: Highly quilted maple
- Other Also available with flame maple top
- Back wood: Solid mahogany
- Other Dynamic sound chambers
- Binding: Multi-ply abalone on top
- Finish Colors: Heritage Cherry Sunburst
- Weight: 8.2 pounds
- Neck construction: 1-piece mahogany
- Fingerboard wood: 22 fret ebony
- Other: Abalone side dots
- Inlays: Harp, Flame, or Tree of Life; all in mixed abalone/mother of pearl
- Binding: Single-ply white
- Profile: Rounded
- Scale length/Nut width: 24 3/4"; 1 11/16"
- Strings: Brite Wires .010-.046
Electronics & Hardware:
- Pickups: '57 Classic humbuckers
- Controls:2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way switch
- Hardware Color:Gold
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Nashville TOM/Stopbar or Ultima loop
- Tuner style: Grover Imperial
Shots of the Harp Lady
Found on the internet.
Tree of Life
History and Details
Original Web Page
- This is all I have on the Ultima. Other than the wild fretboard inlays, it is pretty much a chambered reissue.
I think some of the early ones had a slightly different chambers but I can't find my exact photos of them.
- Source: CR9 - Gibson Brands Forums