T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine / FAQ
This information that follows arose from this original discussion on the Bose® Pro Portable PA Community.
Q: How many (analog) inputs?
- A: Four with presets.
- Channels 1,2,3 can accept XLR or ¼ inch jacks
- Channel 4/5 is similar to a two channel input for line level devices. These two share the same internal signal chain (Trim, Level, EQ, Effects, Preset, ZEQ, output routing to Master and/or Aux).
Q: How many microphone inputs?
- A: Three.
- Channels 1,2,3 — Each has its own independent signal chain (Trim, Level, EQ, Effects, Preset, ZEQ, output routing to Master and/or Aux).
Q: How many line level inputs?
- A: Five. This includes the microphone inputs being used as line level inputs. The last two share a signal chain (Trim, Level, EQ, Effects, Preset, ZEQ, output routing to Master and/or Aux)
Q: Any more inputs?
- A: USB input allows the T1 to act as a two channel sound card. These can be routed directly to the main output or through Channel 4/5 for signal chain processing (Trim, Level, EQ, Effects, Preset, ZEQ, output routing to Master and/or Channel 4/5).
Q: What are the outputs on the T1™
- A: There are five kinds of outputs. (Detailed descriptions follow).
- ToneMatch™ (digital) connects to an L1 Model II
- Master (analog) connects to a L1 Classic or L1 Model II
- Aux (analog) connects to a L1 Classic or L1 Model II or external system (e.g. Front of House).
- Preamp Outs (analog) are post-trim only
- USB (digital) connects to a computer
One Ethercon (RJ45) labelled ToneMatch™ . This is the digital equivalent of the Master output below
One ¼ inch TRS balanced phone plug labelled "Master" that is an analog clone of what is sent at the ToneMatch™ output except that it can be set pre- or post-master volume setting.
One ¼ inch TRS balanced phone plug output labelled "Aux". This is an independent submix of Channels 1 through 4/5. This can be use for a line out to another system (L1™ or House system or recording device).
Preamp OUT – Preamp outputs for channels 1-3. Accepts a ¼ inch TRS balanced phone plug.
The T1 can also send audio back to the PC. You can select what you want to send. It can be either channel (1,2,3,4/5) or Aux or Master. For example you can make a little submix on the AUX bus and record that with for example Windows Sound Recorder or Audacity." See T1 ToneMatch™ Audio Engine/USB USB Audio in General