Please note: Bose recommends that if you have two full sized L1® systems using the same source, that you place those systems at least 20 feet apart (6 meters). This is to avoid Multiple Source Interference.
When running a Model II system and L1 Compact with the same source (Dual Mono) is not recommended unless the L1®s are at least 20 feet apart. Also, when using a full sized L1® and a Compact, if the Compact is really close to the full sized system, you may not notice much of the sound of the Compact.
- System 1
Connect the first system with the ToneMatch cable that came with the T1®.
- T1® ToneMatch port to the Model II Power Stand ToneMatch port.
Connect the T1® to the Compact using a wireless transmitter and receiver.
- T1® Master Output to the wireless transmitter.
- Connect wireless receiver to to the L1 Compact Channel 2 input.
- Set the Channel 2 volume "5" and adjust as necessary to get a good balance with the other system.
- If you are seeing red on the Channel 2 LED light, turn down the volume on the Compact.
- If you are not using Compact Channel 1, turn the Channel 1 volume all the way off.
- For best results: If the wireless receiver has ¼ inch jack Tip-Ring-Sleeve (balanced) connection use a ¼ inch jack Tip-Ring-Sleeve cable between the wireless receiver and the Compact.
You can use a Tip-Sleeve (unbalanced connection) but the Tip-Ring-Sleeve (balanced connection is preferred).