T4S ToneMatch Mixer Monitor Outputs
You have several options for creating a monitor mix.
Main Right Output
This gives you the same sound as you are sending to the L1 system
Main Left Output
- Panned center will give you the same sound as you are sending to the L1
- Panned Hard Left will give you all of the sound in the monitor mix and not the L1
- Panned Slightly Left will give more of the sound in the monitor mix and than the L1
Use the channel Aux settings to set up a monitor mix.
This is an overview of using the Aux Outputs on the T4S and T8S ToneMatch® mixers. You can use the Aux outputs for monitors, remote speakers, or recording.
The steps are the same for the T4S and T8S.
- Setting up monitors example
Connect your monitors to the T4S Aux Outputs. On the T4S you have two Aux Outputs. You can direct any channel to one of the Aux Outputs to create a monitor mix. As you assign a channel to an Aux Output, you can set the level and make the Aux send from the channel:
- Dry : After Preamp
- The only control that has an effect on the signal is the channel trim.
- Pre : With EQ and FX
- All settings for Preset, zEQ, ParaEQ, effects are sent through to the Aux output. The volume is controlled by the Level setting in this menu. Volume is not affected by the channel volume control. Reverb available for Aux 1 output only.
- Post : After Fader
- The volume is controlled by the channel volume control.
Select a Channel you want to direct to one of the Aux outputs. In the image below the Channel 1 CH Edit button is selected.
Turn the Rotary Selector to PAN/AUX
Turn the leftmost button under the display Menu to see your options. You can choose Pan, Aux Input, or one of the Aux Outputs
This is how it looks on the T8S when you turn the menu far enough to see all four Aux Outputs. On the T4S there are two Aux Outputs.
In this picture we have chosen to direct Channel 1 to Aux 1. The level is 50% and the Tap is set to Pre
In this picture, Aux 1 is selected and you can choose if you want the Tap point to be Dry, Pre, or Post