Template:S1 Pro Combo Inputs
- S1 Pro Channels 1 and 2 have combo inputs that accept
- XLR (balanced mono)
- Microphone or Line-Level inputs
- 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) Tip-Ring-Sleeve connection (balanced mono)
- Line-Level inputs
- 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) Tip-Sleeve connection (unbalanced mono)
- Line-Level inputs and instruments (e.g. guitars, keyboards, guitar processors, loopers)
- When using a third-party device (e.g., mixer or another line-level source) should I use the XLR or 1/4 inch inputs?
- The S1 Pro 1/4 inch Tip-Ring-Sleeve inputs are best suited for line-level balanced inputs. This is a better match for the signal level.
- The S1 Pro XLR inputs are best suited for microphones.
When the S1 Pro Channel input lights hit red or you hear distortion, the signal is clipping and you've reached the maximum usable volume. From the source, if the XLR outputs are line-level and the 1/4 inch Tip-Ring-Sleeve outputs are line-level, it won't matter which type of cable you use. They'll both get the job done, although the volume control setting will be lower with the XLR connection. That doesn't indicate more headroom. The maximum usable volume is the same either way.