- 1 ToneMatch Mixers
- 2 L1 Compact
- 3 L1 Pro
- 4 L1 Model I or L1 Classic
- 5 T1 ToneMatch Audio Engine Presets
T4S and T8S ToneMatch® mixers
T1 ToneMatch Audio Engine
Details about the Stereo to Mono Adapter Connection: Stereo Mini (headphone or line-out source) to two Mono ¼ inch
Plug this into your MP3 Player/computer/minidisk/iPod (headphone or line out jack)
- (black end to MP3 Player) and
- coloured ends to
- PS1 Power Stand (Classic) / Model I Channels 1 and 2 OR Channels 3 and 4 OR
- T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine Channel 4/5
Source: Hosa CMP159
If you cannot locate a cable like the one above, you can accomplish the same thing with the combined cable and adaptors below.
and attach each coloured end to one of these,
then connect to any of the ¼ inch inputs for L1 Model I or L1 Classic Channels 1/2/3/4. If you are using a T1 ToneMatch Audio Engine then you can use Channels 1,2,3 or 4/5.
If you are using the this kind of source as backing tracks, you will probably run these two connections to L1 Model I or L1 Classic Channels 3 and 4. In this case you will need to control volume and tone control from the sound source. You will not have much control through the L1 .
If you are using a T1 ToneMatch Audio Engine you will probably use Channel 4/5.
For details about the settings on the T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine see:
T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine / Gain Staging / Prerecorded music on Channel 4/5
iPad or iPod
If your Apple device does not have a headphone output, consider using the Apple Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter.
If you connect your iPad or iPhone to a T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine or T4S ToneMatch mixer channels 1, 2, 3 (or T8S ToneMatch mixer channels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) using a cable like this
You will hear only the LEFT side of the stereo signal. To hear both LEFT and RIGHT sides of the stereo signal, you must change the signal to MONO.
Set your iPad or iPhone to Mono
Launch the Settings app on your iPad or iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Tap Accessibility.
- In the Hearing section, turn Mono Audio On
Now both sides of the stereo output will have a mono signal (both Left and Right channels combined).
You can use a cable like this.
You can connect the stereo output to a mono unbalanced input like T1 ToneMatch Audio Engine channels 1,2,3.
This does not apply to T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine channel 4/5. The channel 4/5 inputs are balanced mono and not compatible with a stereo signal that has been mixed down to mono from the iPad or iPhone
T1 Analog Connection
Connecting via USB
Please see: T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine / USB
Use a cable like this from your sound source (iPod, Computer, CD / DVD player) to Compact Channel 2.
Sources for this kind of cable
iPod iPad Tablet
or if your cable has RCA (phono) jacks you can use this connection below.
Other Devices using RCA (phono) jacks
Sources for this kind of cable
Backing Tracks and a Guitar
Use a cable like this from your backing track source (iPod, Computer, CD / DVD player)
or if your cable has RCA (phono) jacks you can use a cable like this.
To connect a laptop to an L1 Pro
L1 Model I or L1 Classic
Try Presets 57 and 58 for your prerecorded music / backing tracks.
T1 ToneMatch Audio Engine Presets
Preset: Low Volume Music
- This is optimized for low volume music. The low bass and treble are boosted to better match the physics/psychoacoustics of our own auditory system.
- For prerecorded music at low level, for DJs and for break music at the gig. Sort of like the Fletcher-Munson (Tony Sarno calls it the “Herman Munster”) curve; bass and treble boost, just the right amount if you’re playing at 85 dB or so. Source: Presets 2.0Cliff-at-Bose
Preset: High Volume Music
- This is optimized for higher volume music. Some of the bass is boosted and some of the upper mids are reduced to have a more natural sound at these higher volumes.
Source: Preset 58